|Cream Cheese Frosting.|
Cream Cheese Frosting (version 1)
- 250 grams cream cheese, softened.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 2 cups icing sugar.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and beat well.
- Gradually add icing mixture and beat until frosting reaches desired consistency.
Cream Cheese Frosting (Version 2)
- 12 ounces cream cheese.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, and beat at low speed until sugar is incorporated.
- Increase speed to medium high and beat until frosting is light and whipped, but not overbeat. Use to top cookies, cupcakes, or cakes.
Note : Because Malaysian weather can be a little too warm and humid, it would be best to use cold cheese instead of room temperature. You may add a little more icing sugar or fine sugar, omit the vanilla essence and do not overbeat. I would personally suggest version 1 though. That was used as in the photo shown. Version 2 turned out perfect in the cold weather of Europe.
Next : Chocolate Garnach Topping