An appealing Mexican appetizer.
I have been craving for Nachos the past 3 days but not really in the mood to go out and order one. I would love to indulge in a plateful of freshly made nachos at home, so I went on a hunt for recipes over the web. I discovered so many different twists to it but basically the same base ingredients are used. Found a simple one which appealed to me very much, from recipetips.com, but I shall tweak it a little to suit my taste.
So!...my project for today, if nothing comes up, will be to go shopping for these items. I think I will add in chunks of Avocado too if it is on the sweet side. (Had an Avocado and shrimp Salad once at Applebees in NY, and it was very delicious because the Acovado was sweet and milky to the taste...unlike the bland taste. Something to try very soon too!).
Nachos - Not just an appetizer...a perfect snack too!
- 6 cups nacho chips, multicolored or chips of choice
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded - more if desired - You can also use a ready made non dairy cheese sauce, sold in some supermarkets.
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, sliced - more if desired - Basically, these are like our pickled Malaysian green chillies.
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- Some bite size avocado chunks
- 1/4 cup prepared guacamole - You can get this ready made or make your own. I will include a recipe for it in the next post.
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Shred the cheese or use packaged shredded cheese.
- Chop the tomatoes, green pepper, and red onion into small bits that can be easily used to top each chip.
- Cut the Jalapeno peppers/pickled green chillies and black olives into thin round slices.
- Using a microwave-safe plate, evenly space the nacho chips around the plate.
- Sprinkle the cheese over each chip, fully covering the chips with a layer of cheese.
- Microwave the chips and toppings until the cheese is lightly melted.
- Top the chips with bits of tomatoes, green pepper, red onion, black olives, and jalapeno pepper slices.
- Garnish the hot nacho chips with guacamole and sour cream for dipping.
- Add some bite size avocado bits to it if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Anyone up for a Nachos treat?...Try this recipe and Enjoy!